We have all heard of benefits from various diet forms and some could be mild while some may have a lifetime disease like heart-related problems. With respect to the keto diet, we have a few major forms of side effects from keto diet to look out for if you are considering taking up the keto diet. Remember it’s a keto diet and not a low-calorie ketogenic diet which is entirely different from the keto diet. Let’s look at what the keto diet is in short.
What is a keto diet?
Many people know it to be a low-carb diet and in fact, it is one. In return, people consume heavy-fat food/meals to suffice the energy needed for the entire day.
There is not one “standard” ketogenic diet with a specific ratio of macronutrients (carbohydrates, protein, fat).
Here are the intakes in grams for a male individual who weighs about 70 to 75 kgs and consumes about 2000 to 2600 kcal a day.
- Carbohydrates intake – 50 grams a day (less than the amount found in 3 bread slices).
- Protein suggestion upto – 75 grams a day (equals to 12 eggs or almost 300 grams of chicken breast per day).
- Fat recommendation – 70-80% a day or 165 grams (177 ml or 200 grams of butter)
As staggering as the numbers are, it is hard to imagine what side effects someone might suffer from.
Some negative side effects of a long-term ketogenic diet have been suggested, including
- Increased risk of kidney stones
- Osteoporosis (damage to bone health and causes fractures)
- Increased blood levels of uric acid (a risk factor for gout).
- Possible nutrient deficiencies may arise
- Dangerously low blood sugar
- Increased hair fall
Sounds scary right?
Let’s talk about how you can possibly not face any of these troubles while on your diet with ProGen Weight Management. With our advanced technologies and well equipped nutritionist, we have made a result oriented diet that delivers true results.
Benefits of joining Progen Method has delivered unexpected positive results in reducing various lifestyle disease including,