A safe method to lose weight, maintain it and stay fit forever is through ProGen method
Lose 10 kgs in 1 month! It is a message we see often. This might be possible that somebody can lose that much (if not more) in that short time, it really depends on your metabolism and loads of other factors, including physical activity & body composition, all of which are entirely unique to you. Weight loss ultimately hits the concept of calories in and calories out: Eat less than you burn & you’ll lose weight. Here the diet itself can trick you into thinking that the eating style you are following is working. But that’s not true.
I. So first let’s discuss what are Metabolism& Calories?
i) AMetabolism is a chemical process that occurs in a living organism to maintain life. In humans, Metabolism is the process by which your body converts what you eat and drink into energy. In this complex biochemical process, calories in food & beverages are combined with oxygen to release the energy your body needs to function.
There are 3 types of Metabolism:
- Protein types: Protein types are fast oxidizers.
- Carbohydrate types: Carbohydrate types are slow oxidizers.
- Mixed types: Mixed types are neither fast nor slow oxidizers.
ii) A Calorie is a unit of energy. In nutrition, calories refer to the energy people get from the food and drink they have, and the energy they use in physical activity. More the calories, the more the energy the food can provide to your body. The body stores the extra calories as body fat when you eat more calories than you need. Excess calories in any form are stored as body fat.
Metabolism is not the biggest factor in people gaining or losing weight. Your weight loss primarily centers on your body’s daily energy balance — how many calories you are taking in every day versus how many you are giving out
The Things that find out you are gaining or losing weight is whether you’re eating more calories than you’re burning. Also burning more calories through exercise will allow you to either eat more or lose more weight.
Exercise & diet, will boost your metabolic rate. This is the rate at which your body burns calories every day just through the process of staying alive. By boosting your metabolism, you increase the amount of calories you burn during rest or normal activity, which helps in your weight loss. Exercise and diet determine how much you weight.
II. Boosting Your Metabolism by VLCK Diet | ProGen Method
What is VLCK Diet?
A VLCK Diet is defined as a very low-calorie diet of 800 Kilocalories per day or less. It contains the daily requirements for vitamins, minerals, trace elements, fatty acids, and proteins.
VLCKD is proposed as an attractive nutritional plan for the fat people to lose weight with diet to reach the target weight loss. It consists of 90% of calories from fat and only 10% from carbohydrates and proteins, resulting in a highly restricted diet. It has 3 stages:
- Active stage
- Re-education stage
- Maintenance stage
- Active Stage:
The active stage includes a very low-calorie diet (600–800 kcal/day), low in carbohydrates (<50 g daily from vegetables) to reach the target weight. This stage is further divided into 3 ketogenic phases:
- Phase 1: It consists of eating high-biological-value protein preparations five times a day, along with vegetables.
- Phase 2: one of the protein servings is replaced by natural proteins such as meat/egg/fish either at lunch or at dinner.
- Phase3: A second serve of the natural protein low in fat replaces the second serve of the biological protein preparation
This active stage is maintained until the patient loses most of his\her weight loss target, about 80%. Therefore, the ketogenic phases are variable in time depending on the individual and the weight loss target.
Note: Ketogenic is a term for a low-carbohydrate diet (like the Atkins diet). The idea is for you to get more calories from protein and fat and less from carbohydrates. You cut back most on the carbohydrates that are easy to digest, like sugar, soda, pastries, and white bread.
- Re-education stage:
After the ketogenic phases, you will be switched to the low-calorie diet. At this point, you will progressively introduce different food groups and in the meantime participates in a program of re-education in order to maintain weight for the long term. Carbohydrates are gradually reintroduced.
- Maintenance stage:
The Maintenance stage includes an eating plan balanced in carbohydrates, protein, and fat. The main target of this stage is to maintain lost weight and to promote a healthy lifestyle.
A sample of the VLCK diet chart is shown below for reference:
III. Why join ProGen Weight Management?
Well, ProGen follows a systematic method for your weight loss, maintaining it and to stay healthy forever. Below are the insights:
- The first stage of the method that they follow is Very Low-Calorie Ketogenic Diet (VLCK diet) which is explained earlier.
- Along with the VLCK diet, there is a MAT session. MAT session is Mitochondrial Activation Training Session. Mitochondria are called the cell’s powerhouse. Million and Trillions of mitochondria are present throughout our bodies in the cells. Depending on the number of mitochondria & their functionality our health status & life expectancy are determined. The 30-minute sessions at ProGen weight management consisting of specific exercises will functionally activate the existing mitochondria and also generate new ones.
- The Next method is The Genetic Metabolic Adaptation & Lifestyle Stage. In this stage, a genetic test is done. According to the results, various types of food are gradually introduced in your diet to manage the ideal weight. During this stage, you can enjoy a wide range of ProGen lifestyle products that will provide high biological value protein.
- There is a multidisciplinary team as well to support during your weight loss and maintenance journey. They are specialized teams of health professionals who are there to help you achieve your goals. The multidisciplinary team provides you guidance on Dietary Counselling, Physical Activity &Psychological Support. This team consists of:
- The Physical Activity Trainers
- The Coaches
ProGen Weight Management is the only company that follows the effective approach for Weight Loss such as VLCK diet, MAT Sessions; Genetic Metabolic & Lifestyle stage, etc…. They also have a multidisciplinary team that will assist you in all the stages and provides ProGen food products that enhance your Weight loss method. As we all know the concept of Prevention is better than Cure, Progen Weight loss methodology is to prevent the health risks in advances such as Obesity and Type 2 diabetes.
Hence, I would recommend you join ProGen Weight Management if you are serious about losing your weight in a safe manner and stay fit &healthy forever.
For more details, please visit the website https://www.progenmethod.com/
Happy losing Weight safely!