How to lose weight with the right diet and stay fit forever?
Are you looking for the best diet plan to lose weight? The rules are simple. All you required to do is start eating right. But, this can feel like an impossible challenge, given our food culture & dietary habits.
For example, a usual meal is high in carbohydrates & sugar – we eat a lot of potatoes, rice, and sweets. We also love our snacks and can’t imagine a day without them. We force our friends & family into eating too much, as a sign of hospitality & affection. To top it all, we have never felt physical exercise as essential. It’s no wonder that we are battling a growing obesity problem.
But the answer doesn’t lie in avoiding food in favor of foreign ingredients. You’ll find that the best diet plan consisting of foods you’ve already got in your kitchen and that you can lose weight by making a few changes to your diet and lifestyle.
Let’s discuss these contents which are key factors for the weight loss diet:
- Understanding the Science Behind Weight Loss
- The Best Diet Plan for Weight Loss
- 1200 Calorie Diet Plan
- Balanced Diet Chart
- Meal Swaps
1. Understanding the Science Behind Weight Loss
Weight loss & gain, revolve around expenditure and caloric consumption. You lose weight when you consume lesser calories than you expend. On the other hand, you gain weight when you consume more calories than you expend. To drop those excess kilos, all you need to do is eat within your calorie budget and burn the required number of calories by physical exercises for staying fit and losing weight. A combination of the two works best as suggested by experts.
Note: Get your daily required calorie consumption and burn based on your lifestyle and dietary preferences, by signing up at Progen Weight Management.
However, simply determining how many calories your body needs isn’t enough. After all, four samosas (600 calories), two slices of pizza (500 calories) and two gulab jamuns (385 calories) maybe within your daily requirement of 1500 calories, but these unhealthy food choices will finally lead to other health problems like blood sugar & high cholesterol. To lose weight the healthy way by being fit, you also need to ensure your diet is balanced i.e. it covers all food groups and provides all the nutrients you need necessary for good health such as the VLCK diet.
2. The Diet Plan for Weight Loss
No single food provides all the nutrients & the calories the body needs to stay healthy. That’s why a balanced diet consisting of macronutrients such as carbohydrates, protein, and fat along with micronutrients such as vitamins and minerals, is recommended. The VLCK method followed by Progen weight management is best recommended for the right diet plan.
Note: VLCK diet is a Very-low-carbohydrate Ketogenic diet (VLCKD) of 800 kilocalories or less energy intake per day.
The best diet for weight loss is a combination of the 5 main food groups – cereals & pulses, fruits & vegetables, meat & dairy products, and fats and oils. Knowing how to divide the food groups, allocate portion sizes, and the best/ideal time to eat is also important.
3. 1200 Calorie Diet Plan
A lot can be spoken on what will go into an ideal diet chart. However, one’s nutritional requirement varies based on various factors. It could change depending on gender, for instance, male dietary necessities vary from that of a female. Meal preferences will come into play due to the consumption of food by a vegetarian or a vegan differing largely from that by a non-vegetarian.
However, we have put together a diet plan for weight loss. This is a seven day 1200 calorie diet plan.
- On starting your day with cucumber water, have oats porridge & mixed nuts for breakfast
- Have a roti with dal and gajar matar sabzi for lunch.
- Follow that up with dal & lauki sabzi to go with roti for dinner
- On the second day, eat a mixed vegetable stuffed roti with curd for breakfast.
- For lunch, have half a Katori of methi rice along with lentil curry.
- End your day with sauteed vegetables and green chutney.
- Breakfast on day 3 would include Multigrain Toast and Skim Milk Yogurt.
- In the afternoon, have sauteed vegetables with paneer and some green chutney.
- Lentil curry & half a Katori of methi rice to make sure you end the day on a healthy note.
- Start Day 4 with a Fruit and Nuts Yogurt Smoothie and Egg Omelette
- Follow that up with Moong Dal, Bhindi Sabzi, and roti.
- Complete the day’s food intake with palak chole & steamed rice.
- Have a glass of skimmed milk and peas poha for breakfast on the fifth day.
- Eat a missi roti with low-fat paneer curry in the afternoon.
- End the day with roti, curd and aloo baingan tamatar ki sabzi.
- On Day 6, have idli with sambar for breakfast
- For lunch, roti with curd and aloo baingan tamatar ki sabzi
- To end Day 6, eat green gram with roti and bhindi sabzi
- On the seventh day, start with besan chilla and green garlic chutney.
- Have steamed rice and palak chole for lunch.
- End the week on a healthy note with low-fat paneer curry and Missi roti.
Balanced Diet Chart
While creating a diet chart, it is important to make sure it is balanced, in order to ensure that you receive all the required nutrients. Include the following nutrients in your diet plan :
Carbohydrates are the body’s main source of energy and should make up half of your daily calorie requirement. However, it’s important to choose the right type of carbs. Simple carbs, such as biscuit, bread, wheat flour & white rice contain too much sugar and are bad for you. Instead, opt for complex carbs that are packed with nutrients & high in fiber as compared to simple carbs. Fiber-rich complex carbs leave you feeling full for longer due to slow digestion and are therefore the best option for weight control. Brown rice, millets such as oats & Ragi are all good complex carb choices.
Most of them fail to meet the daily protein requirement. This is troublesome, as proteins are necessary to help the body build & repair tissue, cartilage, muscles, and skin, as well as pump blood. A high protein diet can also assist you to lose weight, as it helps build muscle – which burns more calories than fat.
About 30% of your diet should consist of protein in the form of paneer, whole dals, leafy greens, chana, milk, eggs, white meat or sprouts. Having a small quantity of protein with every meal is essential.
A food group that has acquired a bad reputation is Fat. Fats are essential for the body since they store vitamins, produce hormones and provide energy. Experts suggest one-fifth or 20% of your diet comprise of healthy fats – polyunsaturated, monounsaturated and Omega-3 fatty acids. Using a mixture of oils for different meals – including olive oil, mustard oil, rice bran oil, soya bean, sesame, sunflower and groundnut oil – along with restricted quantities of butter & ghee is the most optimal way to eat fats. Avoid trans fats which are found in fried snacks, completely.
4. Vitamins and minerals
Vitamin A, B12, D, E, calcium, and iron are necessary for the body as they support metabolism, nerve & muscle function, bone maintenance, and cell production. Primarily derived from plants, meat & fish, minerals can be found in nuts, fruits, oilseeds & green leafy vegetables.
Experts recommend consuming 100 gms of greens & 100 gms of fruits every day.
5. Meal Swaps
One of the easiest ways to eat healthily is to change over the unhealthy foods in your diet with healthier alternatives. For example, fulfill your cravings for a snack to munch on with pancake instead of relying on potato chips. Check a few healthy meal swaps that you could try going forward:
Along with the balanced diet plan, these below habits will assist you to stay healthy
- Opt for five-six meals a day: Instead of 3 large meals, try having 3 modest meals and a few snack breaks throughout the day in controlled portions. Spacing your meals across regular intervals prevents bloating & acidity and also keeps hunger pangs at bay. Leave your junk food habit by selecting healthier snack choices.
- Have an early dinner: We eat dinner later than the other societies across the world. Metabolism slows down at night so late dinner can lead to weight gains. Experts suggest you eat your last meal of the day by 8 PM.
- Drink a lot of water: How does drinking more water help you lose weight? For starters, it’s zero calories. Also drinking a glass of water can assist control hunger pangs. Have 6 to 8 glasses of water daily to lose weight. You can also find a list of drinks that will assist you to lose weight here.
- Eat a lot of fiber: A person needs at least 15 grams of fiber every day, as it aids digestion & heart health. Oats, flax seeds, lentils, apples & broccoli are some great sources of fiber.
You don’t have to ditch your regular food habits or make massive changes to your diet to lose weight and stay fit, you just need the best-balanced diet plan with a good consultation which can be provided at Progen Weight Management
I would recommend you join the Progen Method who offers a wide range of products with varied flavors, textures, and consistencies to suit different tastes and daily habits. The range includes savory dishes, such as omelets, soups & crepes, and a wide variety of desserts and other ready-to-eat products. Having a wide range of options allows you to prepare appetizing meals.
For more details, please visit www.Progenmethod.com for successful weight loss and staying fit forever with the right diet.